PHP Classes

Getting Errors

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP MySQL to MySQLi  >  All threads  >  Getting Errors  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Getting Errors
Summary:Getting Errors, I must be missing something
Author:Brian
Date:2019-09-13 21:17:06

1. Getting Errors   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Brian Brian - 2019-09-13 21:17:06
Ok, I'm migrating over to a new server that has php 7. I'm trying to setup the MySQL to MySQLi, but having some issues.

1) I've uploaded the 2 files mysql2i.class.php and mysql2i.func.php into a folder called Connections.

2) I've added the appropriate connection info to the top of the page <?php include_once('Connections/mysql2i.class.php');?>

3) I deleted the original MySQL connection info and I'm getting the page to show up now, but with errors.

Please see jswalls.com/index2.php for reference.

I'm at a lose at what I'm missing....but I know it has to be something. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to have this completed by Sunday at the latest, as the old server is End of Life and being wiped.

2. Re: Getting Errors   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Dave Smith Dave Smith - 2019-09-13 21:56:44 - In reply to message 1 from Brian
You need your original connection file, include the mysql2i class at the top of that original file after the line that starts php ( either <?php or <? ).

Dave

3. Re: Getting Errors   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Brian Brian - 2019-09-15 15:20:05 - In reply to message 2 from Dave Smith
Tried that, but still nothing. Actually getting an 500 error now, with no website showing.

This is what I have at the stop of the page.

<?php ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', 'On'); //On or Off ?>
<?php include_once('Connections/mysql2i.class.php');?>
<?php require_once('Connections/MainConnection.php')?>

4. Re: Getting Errors   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Brian Brian - 2019-09-15 15:30:18 - In reply to message 2 from Dave Smith
This is the actual error I'm seeing, not the 500 now

Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'jswalls'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/jswalls/public_html/Connections/mysql2i.class.php on line 395

Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /home/jswalls/public_html/Connections/mysql2i.class.php on line 397

Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /home/jswalls/public_html/Connections/mysql2i.class.php on line 136

Fatal error: in /home/jswalls/public_html/Connections/MainConnection.php on line 9

5. Re: Getting Errors   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Dave Smith Dave Smith - 2019-09-24 20:12:31 - In reply to message 4 from Brian
Sorry for the delay, I didn't get any notifications that there where replies...

That error is indicating that the credentials are wrong. If you would like me to take a look at your site, contact me through email... dave at wagontrader dot com

Dave